Ascend’s Occupational and Speech therapists provide services to multiple public-school sites, charter schools, IEE’s, ESY at various Northern California and Bay Area locations. Ascend’s therapists work closely with the IEP team to enable children to access and participate in a curriculum suitable to their current level of functioning and abilities. We offer appropriate and thorough initial evaluations, tri-annual assessments, individual sessions, group therapy & consults. Additionally, we aim to empower aides, teachers, school staff with regular ‘staff training’ on a range of topics using the educational model.
SCHOOL BASED OPPORTUNITIES
School Contract Options:
- Full-time and Part-time positions
- Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) Requests
- Maternity leave coverage
- Short-term coverage
- Extended School Year (ESY) needs
Why Ascend is different from other Agencies?
- All of our therapists are provided with their own equipment (laptops or iPads), therapy supplies/materials, and assessment kits.
- Ascend has an excellent clinical mentoring program for all the CFs and SLPs where each therapist is assigned a Clinical Manager for site visits.
- Ascend offers continuing education classes and workshops to ALL staff, at no additional cost.
- Ascend offers a unique classroom-based therapy, as well as a collaborative team teaching.
Ascend therapists and staff have flexibility and adaptability to help to meet a district’s need to provide a specific service that results in the best possible educational outcomes for students.